Cyber Bullying is a concern, in today’s culture. Unfortunately a very low percentage of parents are aware of cyber bullying. Educating kids, parents, families and educators could help in decreasing the tragic consequences of cyber bullying.
Cyber bullying is a huge problem that I believe can be lowered if parents made sure they were part of their children's online social networks so that they can monitor the activity.
It's a tragedy that people can be so cruel to each other, especially during the vulnerable teenage years. I think it important for parents to stay involved and aware of what's going on in their children s lives.
I am only recently aware of the term "cyberbullying" and did a little research on the problem and the definition of cyberbullying. I wasn't naive enough to think that it couldn't or wouldn't happen in the "cyber" or "social media" realm, but I guess bully don't discriminate with technology. Having an elementary school age child, I will need to be more "on top of things" than in the past in regards to cyberbullying. I cannot believe it, but even in her 3rd grade class there is a bully. This girl bully's everyone. Fortunately the situation is being dealt with. But with the advent of technology and social media, the bullying doesn't stop at school, it continues on at home. What I would like to know is why and how bullying starts? And if this has been happening for decades (bullying) why hasn't more been done to stop it and treat it?
Cyber bullying is a huge problem that I believe can be lowered if parents made sure they were part of their children's online social networks so that they can monitor the activity.
ReplyDeleteIt's a tragedy that people can be so cruel to each other, especially during the vulnerable teenage years. I think it important for parents to stay involved and aware of what's going on in their children s lives.
ReplyDeleteI am only recently aware of the term "cyberbullying" and did a little research on the problem and the definition of cyberbullying. I wasn't naive enough to think that it couldn't or wouldn't happen in the "cyber" or "social media" realm, but I guess bully don't discriminate with technology.
ReplyDeleteHaving an elementary school age child, I will need to be more "on top of things" than in the past in regards to cyberbullying. I cannot believe it, but even in her 3rd grade class there is a bully. This girl bully's everyone. Fortunately the situation is being dealt with. But with the advent of technology and social media, the bullying doesn't stop at school, it continues on at home.
What I would like to know is why and how bullying starts? And if this has been happening for decades (bullying) why hasn't more been done to stop it and treat it?